Ephemerides of Minor Planets
The yearbook “Ephemerides of minor planets” (published since 1948) contains information on orbital elements of numbered minor planets and the circumstances of their observations during the best observation periods. The yearbook is a unique edition which is in use throughout the world. Its form and content follow the scientific policy of the Commission 20 of the International Astronomical Union (“Positions and Motion of Minor Planets, Comets and Satellites”). It is intended for minor planet observers (professionals and amateurs) and specialists studying minor planet motion and physical nature.
Starting from the volume of EMP for 2012 the Institute of Applied Astronomy proceeds to publication of EMP in the electronic form by recording it on compact disk.
Apart from Introduction, which comprises sufficiently detailed description of data, the volume of the EMP for 2018 contains:
- orbital elements of 488449 minor planets, numbered as of March 12, 2017 and dates of their oppositions in 2018;
- special Table of orbital elements of all near-Earth asteroids (NEAs) numbered as of March 12, 2017 and dates of their oppositions in 2018;
- special Table of orbital elements of Centaurs and transneptunian objects and dates of their oppositions in 2018;
- special Table of orbital elements of some unusual minor planets (Jupiter-crossers, Jupiter-approachers and some Mars-crossers) and dates of their oppositions in 2018;
- osculating elements of perturbing planets;
- minor planet lightcurve parameters;
- ambiguoes periods of lightcurves;
- binary asteroid lightcurves;
- binary asteroid parameters;
- non-principal axis rotation (tumbling) asteroids;
- asteroid spin axes;
- opposition ephemerides of minor planets;
- ephemerides of NEAs and some unusual minor planets;
- status of minor planet observations as of March 12, 2017;
- positions of the antisun and the Moon;
- information on the “Updated Ephemerides of Minor Planets” service;
- information on the AMPLE package.
Apart from full set of Tables of EMP the CD contains also the integrated software package AMPLE which is intended for computation of various ephemeris data for 2018 and solving a number of problems associated with their use.